Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is it too late for a male to start ballet at 16?

I am already 16 and i found my passion for ballet just recently after my very first informal dance class at school. Now I am thinking about taking ballet class. Is it too late for me? By the way, I have not told my parents about this because I do not live together with them. They think that I am 'sciency' because I got scholarship to study overseas, thus they always ask me to spend more time concentrating on my study. In addition, I am a male. So, is there any ways I can convince them to let me learn ballet?



Thank you so much! All answers are greatly appreciated. Cheers!



Is it too late for a male to start ballet at 16?concert tickets



You should toatlly go for it. Dancing is a lot of fun and it is great workout. Sciency people (like my humble self) can be quite successful due to ability to think in terms of geometry and physics and simply because they are good at thinking and memorising thinks fast.



Whether or not you'll make it to the big ballet is it unclear and, honestly, questionable, but you definitely can become good at it and have tons of fun with it.



Tell your parents that your spine needs it. Dancers have really good posture and rarely develop "computer back" problems. I had problems with my back since sweet age of 12, they finally left me when I started dancing. (Don't ask how old I am. LOL)



Is it too late for a male to start ballet at 16?theater seating opera theater



its never 2 late 2 start ballet and just tell them that yr still focused on yr school work but would really like 2 try something new
no its never to late to do something you really want to do go for it.live life to its fullest you only live once.
No it is not however prepare to be made fun of.
Dude, you want to do ballet? GO FOR IT! And don't let any guy talk you out of it!



You can do your studies AND ballet if you balance the time right.



Good Luck!
no way, go for it.. im 15 and started taking ballet last year, there were 30 year old men in my class and no one even cared. it can relieve stress and if its something you enjoy thats all that should matter!
It is never too late to start doing something you love! Tell them it is your passion and assure them that you will always pay a lot of attention to your studies.
No way - it's not too late. Why don't you study the history/impact of ballet %26amp; share the info with your parents? Let them know your commitment to the art.
GO FOR IT!! It's never too late to start something you find you love. After all, you can't find out about everything in the world at once. That's immpossible. You just discovered your love for ballet now, you didn't know to look for it.



An example:



I always loved karate movies, so I decided to sign up for a karate class through our community center (I was 15 at the time). When I got to the first class I was shocked (and disapointed) to realize I was the oldest. I was at least two heads taller then everyone else!! The majority of the class was probably 4-7 years old! Well, despite my standing out, I stuck with that class, and I'm so glad I did. I skipped from white belt to orange belt (I skipped all levels of yellow belt).



Go for your dreams. You'll be glad you did! : )
it's not to late to start ballet. it might be to late if you want to make it your career but that depends on how fast you progress.
It is never too late for a male to study ballet. You go, boy!
it's never too late, there should be a studio somewhere in your city. Try to look one up online or in a phone book if you haven't heard of one. A lot of studios have classes for beginners, if not, you'll have to work really hard to catch up, but you will in time, and if it truely is your passion you'll be great in no time! Look up some proffesional ballet dancers (espesially male ones) and get a small bio one their acomplishments. Show that to your parents and explain to them how ballet can take you far in life. But if they do let you learn ballet, you better stay with it! Don't give up or you might regret it! I wish you luck!!!
Not at all! I know a guy thats 18 and started at at least 14 and still is dancing!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=2...
It is never too late to learn to dance, if you want to to do it for fun. But if you want to make a career in ballet, it is a different story. Luckily, you are a male. Girls of your age are already too old, but I do know several professional male ballet dancers who started to dance at 16 or 17. So you can do it, if you have the talent!



As for your parents, I can't advise you, because I don't know them. You could say that your science teachers have advised you to take exercise, because it is not healthy to spend all your time studying?
Well, you could pay for the lessons yourself so they would have to let you do it. And no, it's not too late for you.
no. your an adult now so you can make your own decisions, dont worry about your parents. i come from a sciency family too but i love dancing and they support that. but one of my friends once said while i was dancing round the kitchen: "why are you bothering to dance? your just going to become a scientist." don't "just become a scientist". do what you want to do.



Anyway.... you can always do both. you could do ballet as a hobby and be a scientist or you could be a proffesional ballet dancer and then be a scientist. you can have it both ways.
It's not too late at all. I took some lessons when I was in my 30's (but didn't make it a career). If you love it, go for it.



As for your parents, speak from your heart and show them your sincerity. They may think it's a whimsical dream of yours and foolish, you have to convince them otherwise.
If your tendons are stretchable enough to perform ballet, it is allright to take ballet. Try to take 180 degree leg stretch, if you can do that you can perform ballet easily.



It is not too late to take that, whatever you like, go!!! I'll support you.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd