Thursday, December 10, 2009

I wanna start ballet. what should i do?

okay well im 14. i took tap for 4 yrs. and then stopped 3 yrs later (today) i want to start ballet. my classes start september 5. i thought i should cut out all sweets, caffine, and junk out and start riding my bike to condition myself for the work. i hate running so thats something im not gunna do. i also want to do pointe but i think im too old. also bcuz of my age ive heard of a shoe called a demi pointe it wont support you to go on pointe but i gets you ready for pointe and i figured i start on that. will my prior dance history help me any? i love dance and i willing to give it my all. so is the diet and condition a good idea? at the moment its summer and i havent been as active as i usually am. so im worried. please answer soon. thank you.



I wanna start ballet. what should i do?sunshine



Your definately not too old to do either, adults can take classes, so you are definately not too old. Conditioning and working out are great, but if you are just taking ballet for the first time ever, don't overdo it, with Pointe, you want to have at least a good amount of practice in ballet, wait a year or two before you decide to do pointe, you may not want to, but you want to be sure your confident in ballet, and have enough experience. Other than that, go for it! I love Ballet and I've been dancing since preschool. I've yet to do pointe though. :D



I wanna start ballet. what should i do?star theater opera theater



Stretch. "Stretching," by the Andersons, $20
You can't just go on Pointe when ever you feel like it. You have to take years of normal Ballet. And when your madame thinks your ready she will tell you that you can go on pointe. But if you go on w/o any experence you'll really mess up your feet.Age 14 is not to old. I'm 15 and I'm going on Pointe in a few weeks. Just exersize and strngthen your ankles and knees. I don't know much about diets sry.
It's, I want to start ballet, not "I wanna start ballet." Learn that the ballet is culture and using terms like "wanna" is definitelly ignorant beyond belief. So is "gunna," and "bcuz." Do you pay ANY attention in school? You sound illiterate! If you are over 5' 6", you will probably be out of luck in the long run. Also, you can weigh no more than 100 pounds if you ever want to do this professionally.



Give your "all" to some grammar lessons first, then worry about ballet. And your "all" does indeed include stringet diet, exercise, running, weight training, and loads of other hard work. Got it?!
Don't diet unless you are eating a lot of sweets and junk. I would start stretching every day, strenghthen your ankles and feet as much as possible. Just start getting into a class and that will help. Stand backwars on the edge of a curb or stair (be careful not to fall off) with you heels hanging off the egde and go on your tip toes and then back down. This among other exercises will help.



Start working on the ballet positions. But most of all, stretch!!!!



http://www.pbt.org/kids/positions.html
yeah, do a lot of streching and really getting used to limberin up those leg and back muscles. if you can dp splits, work on them, wall splits, if not, do some yoga. Pilates is great, so many ballet dancers swear by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd