Thursday, December 10, 2009

I havent taken ballet since i was 8?

and im 14 now, and want to start again. do you think i should take a few begginer ballet classes before i start pre-point, or could i just take them togather?



I havent taken ballet since i was 8?globe theater



i would definently suggest not taking pre-pointe only because you should have been dancing a few years CURRENTLY if it was like 6 years ago it doesnt count. dance for 2 years to get the strength back in your ankles and then try pre pointe.



I havent taken ballet since i was 8?oper opera theater



I would take several beginner ballet classes, if anything to refamiliarize yourself with the terms and actions and to refamiliarize your body with what is necessary to dance.
You probably should take a few beginner classes and then start pre-point. If you didn't you would probably hurt yourself in the long run. Have fun!



(Have been doing it for 8 years and loving it!)
You might want to take a dew beginner classes to "freshen up" your moves.
I started my first ballet class when I was 18 and I'm still dancing now.



I highly suggest you take at least 3 classes a week for a half-year before you start pointe. You need to regain your strength, balance and technique.



You're at a good age to start ballet again. If you work hard and really really believe in yourself you can achieve any goal.
I am a dancer of 11 years...you definitely need to get you ankles back into shape...if you don't you could ruin all of your dancing in the long run...even if taking the beginner classes is sorta embarrassing...you need to take those classes a couple of times a week before you begin pointe...but I take ballet, tap, and jazz..all of you all shouldn't limit your self to only ballet...you can get many more scholarships off of a variety of dance than if you have only one training of dance...but you could maybe check at a local dance studio and see if the teacher would mind giving you a few private lessons to get you going again...GOOD LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd