Saturday, December 5, 2009

Back/extension problems in Ballet.. help please?

I'm frustrated with my back because when I'm doing grand randeshambs en 'lair I can barely keep my leg at 90 degrees and my back sometimes collapses when my working leg is at 90 degrees towards the front. I'm 14 been taking ballet since I was 9. I have been having back spasms because of not enough magnesium in my bones. But still I'm annoyed that my body isn't working right for me. Any adivce/tips .. would be so grateful.



Back/extension problems in Ballet.. help please?binoculars



I would enroll in Pilates classes 1-2 times per week. This will increase your core strength and flexibility, for those front extensions, as well as those to the back. I had the same problem, and I couldn't hold my abs to keep my back from collapsing, so I really couldn't get any stronger. After a few months of Pilates I noticed a huge difference in all my ballet technique!



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd