Saturday, December 5, 2009

How can I take ballet?

Would 16 be too old to take ballet with little kids? What are the things I should look for when choosing a class? What is the standard amount of tuition per year?



How can I take ballet?palace theatre



it is never too late to start taking ballet classes, and you probably wouldnt be with really small kids.



How can I take ballet?concert tickets opera theater



There should be classes geared toward your age group. Make sure the teacher understands your ability level and look for a class advertised specifically for beginners. It depends on the studio what tuition is, and it varies depending on what part of the country you are in. I would suggest looking for a local brach of the STARS dance company (a local organization). They should have something such as a Ballet 1 class with an age group similar to 14-18. Also, ask around at school. You might be surprised who is a dancer.
yes. for competing it is. and if you plan to go pointe, it will be impossible. people who do ballet start young, just like skating and gym. your toes have to be very strong from many years of practice. but you can do jazz! you can go into ballet , but it will take a long time to catch up.
I don't know about ballet, but let me say that I started Irish dancing when I was fifteen, and that's something usually started at a very young age. I'm now almost seventeen, and I've learned a lot. Though I'm not ever going to be world-famous, it's something I love, and it's something to keep in shape with. And yes, I started with little kids, but I worked my way out of there!



Do what you want to do, and don't think about being too old.
im 14 and i am the same but i did a little classical ballet for a few years when i was really little. i was put into a class with girls about a year or so younger than me (because girls my age are all en pointe for most lessons) and so far i have improved enormously. make sure the studios are clean and nice, the teachers are good and the school has a good reputation. try to learn some basic steps and phrases (like plie, arabesque, and the positions of the arms and feet.) this helps heaps! it may sound overwhelming if u dont speak french and they start yelling excersises but stand near the back but with someone behind u so when u turn at the bar u will have someone to copy. keep going every lesson no matter what and you will improve heaps very very quickly. good luck!! its worth it. as for price im not sure. one class a week may be around 200 a term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd