Thursday, December 10, 2009

If I take pictures of a ballet-performance in the theater can I use these to paint from?

I am a fine artist, and I would like to use photographs of ballet-dansers to make paintings from. Do I get in trouble if I don't have model release forms of the actual ballet-dancer who was onstage that I am painting? A balletgroup will perform soon here in my neighbourhood.



If I take pictures of a ballet-performance in the theater can I use these to paint from?performing arts show



As long as you have permission to photograph - there's absolutely no problem using a dancer's form in your art, unless you intend to make the dancers' faces recognizable. In that case you'll need the dancers' permission to reproduce their likeness.



If I take pictures of a ballet-performance in the theater can I use these to paint from?opera cd opera theater



no, i don't think that they will care. Do what you want with the pictures.
You should probably ask permission to take any photos from the person in charge of the ballet group. If you have permission for the photos, I'm sure there would then be no problem with painting, but some places restrict photography.
well technically you're not supposed to take pictures but once you have go right ahead. be my guest.?
if you took the picture, you have the right to do whatever you want with it.



if someone else took the picture, you need to get the photographer's premission. Or the company that hired the photographer.



In both cases, it's more courteous to ask the model.
Just claim it's a "parody" and no law can touch you!
no not from what I have read...the painting world is a bit different than the photography world as far as releases go..especially if nothing you show is recognizable.



NCAA or NFL is different though...even if you do it in painting you need permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd