Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to take ballet but I'm worried about being the oldest in the class?

I love to dance but quite my dance classes when I was younger, now I want to start again b/c I miss the gracefulness I feel when I do ballet and it would be good excerise. However, I'm worried about being put w/ really young kids, like age 6-8 or something. Since I'm 16 and had a bit of experience will they place me in a slightly older class?



I want to take ballet but I'm worried about being the oldest in the class?movie theater



Some people are naturally graced with the talent to dance without having any experience, but since you danced before you already have that talent, unless you were bad before. Just kidding. But seriously, I don't know how you dance. But, if you really liked it and you want to do it again, it shouldn't matter the ages because it's something that you like doing. Just go for it.



I want to take ballet but I'm worried about being the oldest in the class?tickets opera theater



they may place you in an older class but if you need more practice they may put you with the younger kids.



go for it if you love dancing. if you get put in a younger class, show the instructor that you are ready to move up to the older class by working extra hard in class and practice alot at home to get better!



good luck!!



P.S. i hope this helps enough for me to get the best answer!!
They should put you in the class that you deserve to be in. Since you have some experience I doubt they'll put you in the younger class. But if they do just tough it out until you can move up. Don't ever let anything stop you from what you want to do..if this is your dream then go for it.
who cares either way if you have fun its good to learn those kinds of things. Join with a friend and you both will have fun and will be a role model for the younger kidss
u could take private lessons



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...
I'm 26 and far from the oldest person in the class!



Find an adult dance school in your area!



ballet is great exercise!
i took ballet last year an i was 16 too i was the oldest in my class but u take an adult beginers class an theyll be like 17 and older or do what i did an force ur friend to do it with you its really fun but i got a teacher who barly spoke english so that was kind of a *****
I had the same experience a year ago. I was 13 and they put me in with that age group anyways. (I was the oldest but there were other 13 year olds.) I ended up having to work hard to keep up, but since it was 11-13, it was the first non-8 year old class so it worked out great. If you love to dance don't worry about what they'll think, if they put you with the 6 year olds show that you can keep up and ask to move up a level.
Not nessesarilly. Your age doesn't matter. I was in the blue leotard by 7!
I learned to dance in a kid's class. It's weird at first, but after awhile, it kind of gets sort of fun. I'd never really danced before when I started Irish dancing at age fifteen. And I realized that it was actually kind of cool, and I actually made real friendships--with seven year olds. It was really neat actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd